Taking on the role of a caregiver can be full of pride and apprehension. Managing the care of someone else can even feel a bit daunting but you are not alone and there are several resources for how to get started.
Today’s Caregiver is a magazine and resource hub for all things related to being a caregiver. They share tips for those beginning the transition into the role of caregiver including:
- Learn as much as you can about your loved one’s conditions
- Seek support from family and friends to share responsibilities, don’t do it alone
- Search for respite care options as you will need breaks
- Find a support group to join as a network to turn to when things get tough can make all the difference
- Search for apps that can support organizing all the tasks and notes needed for caring for your loved one
- Never forget to also take care of yourself
For more information check out the full article at What the First-time Caregiver Needs to Know – Caregiver.com as well as more resources and support groups Home AZ Caregiver – Arizona Caregiver Coalition.
About Care offers a comprehensive list of Resources to support our neighbors and their caregivers.